[Dixielandjazz] Awful Sad and other Alternat(iv)e Takes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 7 17:56:23 EST 2020

> Jack <fjmitch2 at bigpond.com> wrote:
> On 8/02/2020 7:17 am, Bill Haesler wrote:
>> But we do not know which was used, as Brunswick did not include take designations in the runoff groove at that time or document what takes were issued.
> For  what it's worth, The LP MCA-2076 gives us: E-28441-A.

Dear Jack,
Thank you for checking.
So does Brian Rust's Jazz Records latest discography. Which also still has the wrong recording date.
Ross Laird's Brunswick Records discography (for which he had access to the company files) and the 1994 MCA 3-CD set 'Early Ellington' GRP 36402 provide the 2 October 1928 recording date and both give the issued take as A or B.
Cheers,
Bill.