[Dixielandjazz] Murder She Wrote and General Catching-up (another character?)

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 06:45:24 EDT 2020

Hi Dan,

Good to hear from you and I hope you and your family are well in these
weird times.

That's a real bummer having to bale out of a whole month's work and I
hope your diary refills quickly once this crisis passes. There will
certainly need to be lots of letting down of hair afterwards.

I must say "Alden & Barrett, Attorneys at Law" sounds a pretty
respectable firm, well, as respectable as lawyers get. We had a legal
firm in Scotland, possibly apocryphal but I hope not, called "Robb,
Cheatham and Steel" and a real one in Glasgow called "McLay, Murray and
Spens" which is never referred to by its proper name but is universally
known as "Delay, Worry & Expense". Many a true word... Incidentally, do
you know the favourite songs of lawyers the world over? One is "The Best
Things in Life are Fees" and another is "How Could Believe Me When I
Told You That I Loved You When You Know I've Been a Lawyer All My Life?"

Enuff, stay well,

Regards,
Ken