[Dixielandjazz] Trevor Richards

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:35:08 EDT 2019

Hello John,I wonder how many listmates (Europeans excluded) have ever heard
of Thomas L'Etienne.  A wonderful New Orleans style clarinet and saxophone
player, who suits the Richards style to perfection.
For those interested in gossip: he was married to the singer Lillian
Boutte; I remember wondering whether he married his singer or she married
her clarinet player!  More seriously - their work together was fabulous!  I
cherish my memories from the 1991 Geleen Jazz Festival (the first and
probably the last), with the aforementioned couple, the late Dan Pawson,
couple, the late Tom Baker and many other great musicians.
Cheers