[Dixielandjazz] The Enkuizen Traditional Jazz festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:56:48 EDT 2019

Hello folks,
Jazz festivals seem to disappear, but this one has been around since 1974!
I was there in 2001, and loved it!  This year it will be 14th-16th June.
The programme, except on the first day, has not yet been finalized.
Here's the link:
https://www.jazzfestivalenkhuizen.nl/en/
I won't be there - we are having a New Orleans Festival in Tel-Aviv, June
20-22, and I have tickets for ten shows.  Unlike a "normal" jazz festival,
when one can buy an all0event ticket, here each show requires a separate
ticket, on the expensive side - about US$55!  If you get tickets for five
shows, the price drops to about $47 - still very expensive.  But, at leat,
I don't need flights and hotels.  The participants include Dr. Michael
White and His NO Band, the Olivier Franc (French) Band (and a solo show by
his son, Jean-Baptiste Franc;  the Francs are a jazz dynasty - Olivier's
father Rene was a traditional jazz clarinettist), Enrico Tomasso,  a
Hungarian traditional bnad, Silvan Zingg, a Swiss boogie woogie star (he
must have been a great success here, as this is his third time with the
same entrepreneur - Zingg was featured at teh last year's New Orleans event
in Israel, which was much less "jazzy"), and Israeli musicians.  There are
others, but I am not interested in vocal music, so I don't remember.  There
will be some free open air performances in front of the Tel-Aviv Museum,
where the main concerts are to take place.
I am looking forward to hearing all that music!
Cheers (just had an Israeli Goldstar Slow Brew, great, 10% abv)