[Dixielandjazz] Converting LPs To CDs

Charlie Hull charleshull7652 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 25 12:13:09 EDT 2019

Excellent suggestion, Dan. "Thumb drives" are small and more versatile than CD/DVD disks. Many audio sound devices, and televisions and automobile radios have USB ports facilitating playing of music from USB drives. Transfer of music files from computer to a USB drive is simpler and faster than burning to an optical disk. Disks must be formatted as a data disks to enable reburning with different tunes, in which case they function like USB drives, except much slower and bulkier.

The primary advantage of disks, as with LPs, is creation and maintenance of a library of recordings, with text data about the recording that can be stored with the disk in the protective jewel case. You can usually read the ordered list of selections on the CD label to pick out an individual tune for playing. With an USB drive the tunes must be listed on a document for reference.Depending on whether the playback device has a remote control, individual tunes may be selected by pressing the sequence numbers.

Charlie Hull