[Dixielandjazz] Mixing One Tune With Another

Maurice Walker mwalker637 at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 17:35:18 EST 2019

Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Mixing One Tune With Another

>>This thread was up a week or two back.  The Maceo Pinkard version of Sugar
and Sweet Lorraine are both in F.  I once played a gig where the cornet
player started playing one tune and wound up playing the other.  I once
played with a jazz combo in December on a steam train in New Jersey.  We
tried to play Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and kept playing the bridge from
Frosty the Snowman.
Dave Stoddard
<<< Another combination with grave risk:  High Society and South Rampart Street Parade. Under no circumstances play them back to back.  Maurie Walker