[Dixielandjazz] New Glenn Crytzer Album

Glenn Crytzer glenncrytzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 16:00:20 EDT 2019

Dear Friends!

It's summer and that means it's time for...CHRISTMAS! Well, 'tis the season
for *recording *Christmas albums to be able to have them out in time for
Christmas!

The Glenn Crytzer Orchestra is preparing to record a new holiday album with
9 new arrangements of classics and 11 brand new original Christmas songs!
The musical style will range from arrangements inspired by those of Paul
Whiteman, Red Nichols, the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks, and McKinney's Cotton
Pickers to those of Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Cab Calloway, Jimmie
Lunceford and more.

Musicians on the album include folks you know like Dennis Lichtman, Jim
Fryer, Mike Davis, Dan Block and many of NYCs other top vintage-style jazz
musicians.

As you know, there is almost no opportunity to make any significant money
from selling albums anymore (thanks to Spotify). We make the music cause we
love it, for the people who love it.

So, in order to finance the cost of producing albums we count on the folks
who love the music to chip in for pre-orders and other cool gifts as
crowd-funding backers.

Please give us a hand on Kickstarter. The link to the project (where you
can hear video of the band, learn more about the project, hear some of my
new original songs, and become a backer) is http://Xmas.GCOswing.com

Thanks everyone and a very early (or very late?) Merry Christmas!

Cheers
Glenn