[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby (was Change of address)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 26 19:04:30 EST 2019

> On 26/01/2019 8:08 pm, Gerard Bielderman wrote in reply to Jack Mitchell:
>> Jack, an excerpt form Tom Lord’s The Jazz Discography Online:
>> Bing Crosby (vcl) acc by Yank Lawson (tp) Vernon Brown (tb) Hank D'Amico (cl) Art Drellinger (ts) Buddy Weed (p) Perry Botkin (g) Bob Haggart (b) George Wettling (d) The Jesters (vcl group)
>> New York, May 8, 1947
>> 73909-A
>> A feudin' and a fightin'
>> De 23975, DL5323

And Jack replied:

> Thanks  Gerard for that, I didn't pick Yank but there wasn't that much to be heard. At least he was hardly a Condon associate so I don't feel guilty about that.

Dear Gerard and Jack,
It is also on the 2019 the Tom Lord Jazz Discography CDR.
I did not expect it to be there, so did not bother to look. Silly me.

Come on Jack, Yank and Haggart were associates at that time.
Lawson's name did flash into my head listening to "Feudin' and Fightin'", but dismissed it aurally.
And I could not find the personnel info.
The session-mate "Goodbye, Mr Lover, Goodbye" is also worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs6Wq2-ppN4

Unfortunately, the other tunes from the "Overalls" session, "It's The Same Old Shillelagh", "McNamara's Band" and "Dear Old Donegal" have no jazz solos.
Cheers,
Bill.