[Dixielandjazz] New Topic: Limehouse Blues

philwilking philwilking at cox.net
Fri Feb 15 19:12:27 EST 2019

The original sheet music I have lists copyright in 1922 by Ascherberg,
Hopwood & Crew, Ltd. Which looks British to me.

A second copy shows the same copyright, with an additional listing of Harms,
Inc. as publisher and owner of all rights in the USA and Canada.

I assume you are asking about the chords of the chorus, because the eight
bar introduction is in Ab, then the key changes to F and the first eight
bars of the verse are an F chord. The tune goes back to Ab for the chorus.

These two editions have Cb and Eb in the right hand and Ab in the left hand
in all four bars. Then on beats 1 and 3 of each bar there is an alternation
between Db and Ab.

The Harms edition shows Db9 for the first four bars, then Bb9 for the next
four bars. That's what I use.

I am attaching a copy of the Harms edition because it is a much smaller file
than the British one. I hope it gets through.

Phil Wilking - K5MZF
www.nolabanjo.com

Those who would exchange freedom for security
deserve neither freedom nor security.