[Dixielandjazz] Review of CDs on British trad revival

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Thu Feb 14 10:35:45 EST 2019

Paul's series, always in very good sound quality, are invaluable in
making thework of long-gone bands like the Merseysippi Jazz Band, Freddy
Randall, Alex Welsh and so on, available at a time when demand for such
music is failing fast in the general public. Paul is a delightful
fellow, very well up on jazz, and we often talk on the phone,often, to
my shame, for more than an hour at a time.

---