[Dixielandjazz] "Chasing Rainbows"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 15 16:48:40 EST 2019

> philwilking <philwilking at cox.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have the sheet music, or even a lead sheet for this old Dallas String Band tune, please?
> This is NOT "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows."

Good luck Phil,
A nice tune too.
You, or someone, will have to transcribe it from the Columbia 14410 78 record that does not provide a composer credit.
Or find somebody who has done it.
It is not copyrighted that I can find, so there's not much chance of any sheet music.
The only other renditions I have found are by R. Crumb And His Cheap Suit Serenaders (its LP credits Dallas String Band) and The Double Decker String Band (with no composer credit given).
Cheers,
Bill.

"Chasin' Rainbows"  (note apostrophe)
The Dallas String Band

Someday you'll find the end of my rainbow,
Then maybe you'll find a little pot of gold.
Someday while running around,
You'll find what we never found.
A golden mist,
A rainbow's kiss,
That all falls down in a little pot of gold.

Someday those silver clouds will come misting,
And they'll cover up my gold.
But there is nothing I can do,
Now that I am a feeling blue,
But chase those little rainbows in my soul.

Repeat.