[Dixielandjazz] Sydney fires and Northern California

ART WOOD artwoo at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 21:59:17 EST 2019

Hi Bill and All:As a resident of Northern California having seen upfront the damage and devastation of the fires in Santa Rosa and Paradise, I can totally understand the effect of these dreadful fires and commiserate with our Australian friends.It strikes me as an ironic aspect that Northern California is loaded with Eucalyptus trees which were imported from Australia as a potential source of lumber during the Gold Rush era of the 1850's. Unfortunately eucalyptus trees have generally been proven to be a nuisance. There is an extensive grove of E. trees not 100 yards from my backyard here in San Leandro, a bedroom community of San Francisco. Our city has removed many of these trees, but they are fast growing and resist eradication.Hope that you Bill and my old buddy Jack Wiard will remain safe during this disaster.Sincerely,Art Wood