[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: RE: Washington and Lee Swing

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Sep 25 17:31:29 EDT 2018

Thanks, Gerard for the info. The two recordings are so very similar.  Same structure of solos, etc.  I thought it might be 2 different clarinetists, although the style of the solos were quite alike.

It was Fred on the trombone solo. The "popping" low registered thing is a give-away. Yes, I thought also it might be a "set solo" that he had developed. It happens, although, I think it is more exciting for the player if you try not to do that.  Of course, you can't crash if you don't try to fly, so maybe on a recording he might have taken the less risky route. Anyway, it's a great solo!

Jim

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​