[Dixielandjazz] Pronunciation

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun Sep 23 00:35:53 EDT 2018

As a native of New Orleans, I've always heard and used GRAH-vee-uh for Gravier Street. Rarely is the "r" sounded at at the end. We often drop the terminal and  even the mid-word "r" -- as in "Noo ALL-uns," alternately "Noo ALL-yuns." (Just say "onions," but sub  "ALL" for the first syllable.

Charles