[Dixielandjazz] Vince Giordano - Autumn in New York

Vince Giordano vincegiordano at optonline.net
Fri Sep 7 15:19:43 EDT 2018

Autumn in New York - 2018
Grammy Award Winner

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

*****************************
To all of our Jewish friends: l'shana tova.

We are celebrating FIVE YEARS at Iguana

EVERY Monday and Tuesday!

Iguana NYC on the 2nd Floor

240 W. 54th Street (between 8th Ave & Broadway), NYC

8pm - 11pm BAND / Doors open at 7pm

Reservations are highly recommended!

Call 212-765-5454 for Reservations and great Tex-Mex food

$20 Cash Cover at the door plus $20 Food and or Drink Minimum

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

*See our website for special guest: The Honey Taps

We play almost every Monday & Tuesday night so please double check our website.

**************

5th Annual New York Hot Jazz Festival

Sunday, September 30th

2PM - 2AM

The McKittrick Hotel

542 W 27th St, NY, NY

Three stages with continuous live music from 16 ensembles and multiple special guest artists for 12 hours. PS – We are on first, so don’t be late! And tickets will sell-out – order TODAY!

http://www.nyhotjazzfest.com/

 **************

Vince Giordano — There’s a Future in the Past
Directed and produced by Dave Davidson and Amber Edwards of Hudson West Productions and distributed by First Run Features NYC, continues to be screened in theaters around the world. This ninety-minute documentary explores how Vince Giordano, with his 11-member band The Nighthawks, has become the leading authority, practitioner, and purveyor of big band music of the 1920s and ’30s and chronicles—with humor and pathos—just what it takes to keep a Jazz Age enterprise going in the 21st century.
View the film’s new trailer here: https://vimeo.com/179935106

UPCOMING FILM TIMES:

Wednesday, October 10th

Showtime TBD / with a Q&A following the film.

CINEMA ARTS CENTRE

423 Park Ave, Huntington, NY 11743

631.423.7611 / 631.423.FILM info at cinemaartscentre.org

New York Times: CRITICS PICK. “The next best thing to dancing on air.”    Film Journal International: “one of the best music docs ever.”    The Word Review: “this filmic beaut swings, hitting gorgeous high notes for all of its 90 minutes.”    Village Voice:  “showcases both the recreations — persuasive revivals of tunes and arrangements and solos from the 1920s and '30 — and the great present-tense effort it takes to pull them off”

********

ADRIENNE HAAN

PRESENTS

Voluptuous Weimar

A Tribute to Berlin’s Golden Age

FEATURING

 Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Wednesday, October 17th at 7:00pm

To honor the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I and the beginning of the Weimar Republic 100 years ago (1918-2018). This concert characterizes Berlin during the 1920’s and early 30’s as a time of change. The program includes works by Spoliansky, Hollaender, Berlin, Porter and more. Haan captivates as she brings to life a Germany suffering from the aftermath of the First World War. It is Germany’s Golden Age, a time of creativity, art, music and culture, of Brecht and Weill’s “Three Penny Opera”, the making of Fritz Lang’s “Metropolis”, the discovery of Marlene Dietrich starring as the “Naughty Lola” in Joseph von Sternberg’s “Blue Angel”. It’s also the time of Josephine Baker and her Charleston music; and the great American swing and jazz that transforms Berlin and other large German cities. Haan re-lives this bodacious period combining all these genres taking you on an enchanting musical voyage through history.

Joe’s Pub at the Public

https://tinyurl.com/y8spvwye

- - - - - - - - - -

Pearl River High School

David Ostwald's Louis Armstrong Eternity Band

Saturday, November 10th / Time TBD

275 E Central Ave, Pearl River, NY 10965

- - - - - - - - - -

Special Event:
A Unique Up-the-River Cruise to Benefit the
Sing Sing Prison Museum
Sunday, November 18th
All Aboard the HORNBLOWER CRUISE SHIP 12:30pm / Departure 1:00pm – Return 5:00pm
Yonkers City Pier (located at the foot of Main Street in the Downtown Waterfront District)
Sing Sing Swing Cruise

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks

with special guest
Dance to the Nighthawks and enjoy a delicious buffet supper and open bar.
promo code will be available to Nighthawk fans - go to our website!
All proceeds benefit the Sing Sing Prison Museum currently under development. / Sponsors include the Friends of the Sing Sing Prison Museum, Historic Hudson River Towns, GE Crotonville, and Hornblower Cruises & Events.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/sing-sing-swing-an-up-the-river-cruise-tickets-48135449425

- - - - - - - - - -

Nelson Hall Theatre

Performing Arts at Elim Park

Thursday, November 29th at 7:30pm

150 Cook Hill Rd, Cheshire, CT 06410 (203) 699-5495

**************
We are thrilled to announce that our DVD is for SALE!
Vince Giordano — There’s a Future in the Past
$22 with postage included within United States
[ $22 plus $12 for shipping world-wide ]
Purchase directly from our website:
http://vincegiordano.com/music

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:

Café Society – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Bessie – Music from the HBO Film

Quality Shout!

Cheek to Cheek

Cotton Club Revisited

Bill Challis’ the Goldkette Project

The Aviator – Music from the Motion Picture

Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits of the 1930s & ‘40s

It’s De Lovely – The Authentic Cole Porter Collection

Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series
GRAMMY award-winner for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!

Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: Music from the HBO Original Series

Boardwalk Empire – Volume Three: Music from the HBO Original Series

Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230 / Payable to "Vince Giordano"

Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

****************************

Nighthawks in the News:

Please read this review by Emmett Lindner:

http://columbiajournal.org/keeping-big-band-jazz-alive-vince-giordano-nighthawks-emmett-lindner/

The Los Angeles Times
http://preview.tinyurl.com/l8ruehq

The New York Times
http://preview.tinyurl.com/zkmuxr2

Film Journal International
http://preview.tinyurl.com/y7yabzsk

The Wall Street Journal
http://eepurl.com/b9bLYL

The Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/hpnbhly

Interview on WQXR: Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/

Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIRon November 6th, 2013 ~

Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview

If you would like to be removed from our mailing, list just let us know.

Website: http://www.VinceGiordano.com

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks ~ 718-376-3489 ~ email: vincegiordano at optonline.net