[Dixielandjazz] The Great Tuba Skinny Band from New Orleans

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 22:50:53 EDT 2018

I don’t recall seeing any posts about the Tuba Skinny band on the DJML unless I just missed them.

Anyway I will share some of my recent favorite films of the band from Youtube:

First a smoking hot performance of Duke Ellington’s “Jubilee Stomp”, filmed on Royal Street in New Orleans this past April:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jft3BVoxqjo <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jft3BVoxqjo>

Next a performance of King Oliver’s “Too Late” filmed in Saint-Jean-de-Braye (France-Loiret) in May of this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7SMAWlMi8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7SMAWlMi8>

Next Tuba Skinny live at Louwman Museum, Den Haag, the Netherlands, 12th of May 2018 performing “Corrine”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZ3Rsoszro <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZ3Rsoszro>

Another hot Tuba Skinny number from the concert at the Little Brown Church in Round Pond, Maine August 29, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQt84ZfwpMs <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQt84ZfwpMs>

The band has a huge presence on Youtube going back 7 or 8 years.  They play a lot on the street in New Orleans and also when they tour in order to bring the music to the people.

Enjoy!

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

http://www.reallyoldrecords.com <http://www.reallyoldrecords.com/>