[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Repeats - Chorus and Verse

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Sun Nov 25 15:35:34 EST 2018

----- Original Message -----
From: alevy at alevy.com
To: Gordon Pascoe
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Repeats - Chorus and Verse

Hi Gordon,
You wrote:
Re: repeats. My view is I’d expect a verse to usually go to the chorus then see a repeat to return to the verse (for verse 2). Sometimes the chorus itself is repeated. Say as a vocal solo or duet then repeated by an actual chorus of singers (musicals, operettas, operas, etc). Full scores often show it clearly, but often “lead” sheets don’t because of keeping things minimal.
I didn't snip what you wrote because you are covering important points.
My question - very specific - sheet music - not scores, not lead sheets
just published songs. I have about 6,000 sheets on my web site.
These are "copies" of the original songs - as published. Here is an example.

LINK TO THE MP3 page--- not yet open to the public

 http://alevy.com/midi/boone/howam2.html

Interestingly enough - this tune, in the fake books, is in 3 quarter time.

BTW If anyone is interested, I have 10 fake book copies and 10 jazz
(including Real Book) copies. That's 20 volumes altogether - about 20,000
songs. Yes, there are some duplicates! The pages are scans of the original
books. Some pages are crooked. Some pages are upside down and
some pages are out of order. There are TWO master index files. One
for the pop tunes and the other for the jazz books. I did not create these
pdfs.  I can mail them out. No, they can't be emailed, not even if they are
zipped. $15.00 covers the TWO cds, cd covers, envelope, postage
time and labor. I take PayPal.

End of commercial. Besides the books I created are better!

How would you like to hear the "outtake" of Bunny Berigan
playing "I Can't Get Started"? For the curious here is the link.

http://alevy.com/midi/berigan/started.htm

If you know the recording perhaps you can detect the "fluff" from Bunny.
Jazz Hugs To All,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com