[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Downunder

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 18:22:29 EDT 2018

Hello Roger,
Your taste seems to converge with mine.  I didn't like Zoot Sims when he
played "cool" (an antonym of jazz as far as I am concerned), and was
greatly surprised to hear him laying hot in 1976; I have since added some
Sims to my collection.
A strange coincidence - I, too, came to jazz at about the same time and
age, albeit after hearing a swinging band live (something new in a
communist country).  Until then I had no interest in music, from then on it
has been my main interest in life!
As to other interest, I am afraid they are rather different - I like the
theatre, poetry, painting, and travelling.
Cheers,
Marek, Israel