[Dixielandjazz] Teddy Buckner clarinetist

Maurice Walker mwalker637 at aol.com
Wed May 30 14:26:32 EDT 2018

Having been in the audience for Teddy Buckner performances in the early sixties, I will say that when Teddy introduced his clarinet player, it sounded like "couchy" -- as in "that piece of furniture is certainly couch-y."  (Like "grouchy" and NOT like "touchy")

Maurie Walker

The clarinetist referred to was Caughey Roberts,whose name was pronounced, I was told long ago, as if the GH was SHand the O as in Cosh, Tosh, Bosh, Dosh, Posh or even Quash? (I list those words to try to squeeze out regional variants?
<