[Dixielandjazz] tv show in Spain

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sat Mar 3 13:16:35 EST 2018

Two videos from Spanish National Television, must be around 1980.  This is a
big band led by Spain's biggest name in jazz:  Pedro Iturralde.  Search on
YouTube to hear some fantastic tenor sax by Pedro, but here you basically
see him directing.  First, The Saints.  These are all the guys I worked with
on Spanish recording sessions & tv shows for about 30 years.  I'm on
trombone.much younger, thinner, and with dark hair & beard (instead of
grey!).

The Saints, Pedro  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbv_UWnKPIY>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbv_UWnKPIY

And, a nice arrangement of Chatanooga.  Pedro plays a short solo towards the
end.

Chatanooga, Pedro Iturralde.   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNWq4j3q0hY>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNWq4j3q0hY

Jim, in Madrid