[Dixielandjazz] Bill Bissonette

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 28 05:00:46 EDT 2018

a serious contributor. Sent me a nice letter of thanks when I was in a position to publicise his work making and distributing recordings which I gathered had all too local a circulation; and I was disappointed to hear how little notice he'd been getting, with not only newer recordings but some out of the too deep ruts archival issues of even Louis, and indeed the DeParis brothers. Lovely catalogue! Bravissimo!

I can't say I was pleased to "find my effort appreciated", since writing about his work was a delight.I'm glad if I afforded encouragement, and wished him more,
and if he has left us my wishes go to those who'll miss him most,
amen,Robert R. Calder