[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:57:06 EDT 2018

Stan and all, Steve’s message was absolutely hilarious and I sent him a private response. But, I did endeavor to exit a couple of years ago with a stuck kidney stone and a white blood cell count 3 times the normal top limit of 10,000. It took about 5 days to flush everything out! But I’m still here to comment. And in doing so, I want to express some appreciation to the entire list.

First, I appreciate that people care on this list as illustrated by the checks on Bob. Secondly I appreciate the alerts that people give on the list about new trad and similar jazz groups. I saw a trumpeter from New York named Gordon Au who’s playing traditional music in New York City. I also talked to a guy named Adam Aredondo whom I’ve known for a while and who’s playing traditional in New Orleans. There seems to be a revival in these areas and others and young people dancing older dances like the Charleston. It’s good to hear that and of course, educational to find new music.

Thanks to all and I exist, I think!!
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL