[Dixielandjazz] Mike Hart RIP

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:43:40 EST 2018

I attended two of Mike's festivals, and heard there some great musicians
not mentioned in the obituary: Buddy Tate, Doc Cheatham, Benny Waters, Bob
Barnard, Warren Vache, Kenny Baker, and more - difficult to remember them
all.  Oh, both featured the New Black Eagle Jazz Band.  And one of them was
my first opportunity to hear Cy Laurie.  Mike Hart led a band at each of
those - once The Scottish Jazz Advocates, and once - The Apothecaries of
Jazz.
A great loss to the jazz community.