[Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mere

Jean Marc Ternois jeanm.ternois at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 18:11:28 EST 2018

Hello Bert,

Chris Barber made a big hit in France with Petite Fleur (Monty Sunshine)
maybe more than the Bechet's version. His version of "Si tu vois ma mère"
(Lonesome) was less successful.
The Bechet's success in France was very great and this beyond the Jazz
fans. There was a kind of love story between Sidney and the popular french
public. Sidney wrote many tunes according the "french taste"  during his
last years living in France.

I'm a big fan of Chris Barber, he was (and still is) one of my models when
I started on trombone in 1964 !   He is a very great trombone, I like his
playing.

Regards

Jean Marc