[Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mere

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:13:22 EST 2018

When Bob Wilber mentioned that Petit Fleur had unfortunately became so
popular in Europe not in the original, I could not believe it - in Israel
it was the Bechet recording which was played at practically every home
party, probably because itwas issued by an Israeli record company as a
single (the flip side was Dans les rues d'Antibbes).  I still have the
record, and play it regularly.
I those days we had three radio stations, two of which played popular
music: one had the Bechet version, and the other one - the Sunshine
recording.  I remember having the radio on all day long (well, there
unfortunately was school), not hearing anything they played, until they
reached Petit Fleur, the only jazz record regularly broadcast; the I'd stop
whatever I was doing at the moment for a few minutes, and then switched to
the other one.
by the way, the passing of Bechet made the national news, as did the death
of Jack Teagarden and Billie Holiday.
Cheers