[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:17:51 EST 2018

Last Thursday I again went  to hear the Dennis Lichtman Quintet, this time
- at the Tel-Aviv Museum.  The group was as good as the preceding Tuesday.
There isn't much to report, as the repertoire was the same, except that the
encore was not "Flying Home" (which I could not recall when I wrote the
previous report).  This time the hall was much bigger, and only a few seats
were empty.
The good thing about both shows was the age of the audience - it was not
all young, but there were many younger people, even in their twenties; had
the ticket price been less prohibitive - from $36 in Kfar Saba to $48 in
Tel-Aviv, the proportion of young audience would probably have been higher.
In any event, the show was a part of a series (which, despite the Hot Jazz
title, has very little to do with hot jazz), and most of the audience
consisted of subscription holders.
Cheers