[Dixielandjazz] Spiegle Willcox (was 94 yr old trombonist)

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 26 03:27:47 EDT 2018

Somewhere in a box somewhere in my apartment is a multi-generational dub of a VHS of the show that was broadcast the night before the beloved 1987 "Turk at Carnegie" concert, and Vince Giordano's Nighthawks Orchestra has in one of the trombone seats the Spiegle that was Willcox.  Hearing is always one thing.  Hearing and seeing, is wholly another.  And it was someone who was active in this list long, long ago (maybe still here but a lurker only? we'll never know, because I can't remember his name; if you're here, sir, and recall better than me, give a shout-out!) that sent me his only copy of said VHS and which I dubbed and sent back post-haste.

A nice group, we're.  (Pace Carl Reiner on "Your Show of Shows".)

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".