[Dixielandjazz] Podcast, Canal Street Jazz Band

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Wed Apr 25 08:59:04 EDT 2018

A podcast has been put up by a fan of our band, and I suspect you all can
have a listen (if you wish!) to a bit of our "50th Anniversary" CD.  After
clicking on the link, scroll down past all the text & click on "reproducir",
which is "play" in Spanish.  (Yep, in Spanish it often takes 4 syllables to
say what we say in English in one!)

Skip the first 30 seconds, which is certainly not us, but the rest of a half
hour is.  All live recording, recorded on a tiny, hand-sized digital
recorder (Tascam DR-40), using its own built in stereo mics).  This gadget
will set you back about $300.  Admittedly, I then mixed and mastered the
audio in my studio using a Neve digital console, which does add a certain
something to the quality.  However, with thoughtful placing of the recorder,
and having a well-mixed live sound in your band, will get you a nice
recording.  Just if anyone is interested.

 <https://www.tomajazz.com/web/?author=1>

 <https://www.tomajazz.com/web/?p=36317> HDO 398. En concierto con. Canal
Street Jazz Band en Bogui Jazz (International Jazz Day Madrid'18) [Podcast]

por  <https://www.tomajazz.com/web/?author=1> Pachi Tapiz Arrondo

Jim