[Dixielandjazz] Tony Parenti's All Stars

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:52:51 EDT 2018

Hi Jack,
The 1963 Jepsen lists only 10 titles, all on Jazztone 1215.  Not only that
- as I've mentioned in my query, I have the LP and there indeed are 10
tracks, even though only 9 are listed on both the sleeve and the label.
"City of the Blues" IS listed among the tracks on that LP; the one
unmentioned number is "I've Been Working on the Railroad."  Even though I
don't really know the song, it is the only one of the three I don't know
with the full band; the problem is identifyoing the other two, both by a
duo.
Cheers

On 23 April 2018 at 02:30, Jack Mitchell <fjmitch at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Marek
>
> Lord's discography shows that11 titles were recorded at that session, all
> but CITY OF THE BLUES wee issued on Concert Hall CHJ1215. Only 9 titles
> were on Jazztone J1215, also Jazztone J1030. -only 6 on Jazztone J1273. The
> only issue to include all 11 titles is Membran, a German label that has
> issued the session on both LP and CD,
>
> Cheers
>
> Jack

בלי