[Dixielandjazz] OKOM (does a funny turn)

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Tue Sep 19 15:22:07 EDT 2017

Harry James tore me apart when  I interviewed him in his dressing room
and asked him about 'the more commercial things'

'WHADDAYA MEAN, COMMERCIAL?' he roared.

'Well, Sleepy Lagoon and things like that,' I stammered. 'Commerical is
when I stand on my head and wear a funny hat,' he said 'I'm proud of
everything we ever recorded.' The interview didn't go too well after
that. (The whole thing is quoted in his biography).

I seem to be recovering. I can go out on my own for a few minutes at a time.

Steve Voce

---