[Dixielandjazz] More memories of George Avakian and comments about Satchmo Summerfest

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 27 14:31:45 EST 2017

To:  DJML; Musicians & Jazzfans list and some friends

From:  Norman Vickers,  Jazzpensacola.com

By now, you've likely read/heard about death of record producer and great
friend of Louis Armstrong-George Avakian.

On my blog, I have recorded  some of my own memories of seeing/hearing Mr.
Avakian at many Satchmo Summerfests held first weekend in August each year
since 2001-Armstrong's actual centennial.  Also, there are links to postings
from Ricky Riccardi and Terry Teachout, both of whom have written definitive
biographies of Armstrong.  They record their own pleasant associations with
Mr. Avakian.   Click the link and read my material.  Then click the
respective links for Riccardi and Teachout.

Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://jazzpensacola.com/blog/

F.Norman Vickers