[Dixielandjazz] Brooks Kerr

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:52:47 EDT 2017

Marek, it is truly sad. He probably has some type of Alzheimer’s or dimentia where this hostility has come out. I had a good friend who had this problem in his last time. He’d always been easygoing and good to get along with but at the end, he was cursing people and many things totally uncommon in his previous character.

I also wonder how much of his remaining vision he’s lost. That can make a person change simply because they get scared of their surroundings. (That last, of course, is assuming he has some type of problem connected with it; people who have major vision loss don’t do this in general unless there are other problems associated.)

Our thoughts need to go out to him for the great music he produced for others and the happiness he gave.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL