[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Jazz News May 2017

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat May 6 11:38:57 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Petters Traditional Jazz <yagiarray at gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2017 at 12:41
Subject: Jazz News May 2017
To: marekboym at gmail.com

This coming weekend is the Debenham Jazz Festival, organised by Bob Kerr.

Bob will be on hand with his famous Whoopee Band, Colin Bowden will
presenting a programme of New Orleans Jazz, Tad Newton’s Jazz Friends,
Dixie Mix, Ben Holder, Spats Langham, John Parker, Rosie Val, the Anglia
All stars and Nicola Farnon will be in attendance.

John Petters Swing Band will return with the tribute to the original Benny
Goodman Quartet, with Julian Stringle, Tim Huskisson and Colin Bray. We
will be playing on Sunday @ 14:00.

Details and tickets here:

www.debenhamjazz.co.uk

See a video from Bob’s last festival with the same line up here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=773Szypdrhc

Jerry Senfluk @ Old Harlow

Czech clarinet star, Jerry Senfluk who used to play with Max Collie’s
Rhythm Aces and John Petters Swing Band in the 80s is on tour in May and
will be appearing at St John’s Arts Centre, Old Harlow on Thursday 25th May
with Martin Litton, Keith Donald and John Petters. St John’s Walk, Market
St, Old Harlow, CM 17 0AJ @ 8pm adm £10

Norwich Louis Armstrong Jazz and Swing Festival – Saturday 27th – Monday 30
th May @ the Holiday Inn Hotel, Norwich North.

We have sold all the rooms but have day tickets at £35 for Saturday and £40
Sunday. Details here: http://traditional-jazz.com/
documents/NorwichArtWork2017.pdf

The Late Paul Barnes is particularly good this week. Duke Ellington, Bing
Crosby, Bob Kerr, John Petters Swing Band.

Listen on Iplayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zysmk

London Riverboat Shuffle Tickets afre selling very quickly now,

http://traditional-jazz.com/mainpages/thamesriver.htm

 as are rooms for the William Shakespeare

http://traditional-jazz.com/mainpages/kenilworth.htm

 and Louis Armstrong festivals

http://traditional-jazz.com/mainpages/winchester.htm in November.
Summer Evening Jazz Concert – 21st Year

*Saturday 1st July 2017 *The Rotary Club of Ingatestone is holding this
popular Open Air Jazz Concert in the gardens of Ingatestone Hall, Hall
Lane, Ingatestone.    Sat.Nav:  CM4 9NS
Gates open at 5.45 pm and concert begins at 6.15 pm. In aid of Farleigh and
Saint Francis Hospices and other local Rotary causes.
Featuring Frog Island Jazz Band and The Salty Town Six.
Tickets £14.00 in advance from ticket outlets or £15 at gate, if available.
Accompanied children under 17 admitted free.
Make up a party – bring your own picnic, table & chairs.
Enjoy your own picnic and drinks. Food and drinks will be available. Jus
‘Cool Caribbean Food will be cooking a variety of hot dishes and burgers.
Brentwood Brewing Company will provide Real Ales – Wines – Soft Drinks &
Mineral Waters.
Refreshments available: Coffee – Tea - Icecream
Umbrella parade - prizes for the best decorated brollies. Raffle.

To *book your  tickets online* or for full details of event and ticket
outlets,
visit website:
*www.summereveningjazz.co.uk <http://www.summereveningjazz.co.uk/> *Ticket
Hotline: 01277 350800
Monthly Jazz Events in Wantage

*Zelda’s Jazz Room* at the Comrades Club, Newbury Street, Wantage, OX12  8DJ

Wednesday,     May 17th, 2017    at 8.00 pm

*Jeff Barnhart & the Harlem Knights*

>From the USA we welcome back piano professor Jeff Barnhart, so expect an
evening of dynamic jazz piano, lively vocals, a vast fund of knowledge
about the music and boundless energy. As before ZJR provides Jeff with a
fine band including the master of 20s style drumming, Nick Ward.

Tickets on the door  £11

Fish n Chip supper available from the Penguin at £4 (please order by 8pm)

Licensed Bar

Raffle

On site Parking

Comfortable club room and a warm welcome

                        oooooooooo0000000000oooooooooo

*The Lamb Inn*, Mill Street, Wantage, OX12 9AB

Wednesday,            May 24th, 2017  at 8.30 pm

Dave Moorwood’s *Rascals of Rhythm*

With special guest, brilliant trombonist

Kevin Grenfell

The Rascals of Rhythm are a small (5 piece) swing band and invite guest
musicians and singers from the top echelons of the music to join them each
month

No entrance charge

Please take part in the Raffle (to offset our guests’ expenses)

Friendly family run pub with fine food and drink

Onsite parking

Great atmosphere

Theydon Jazz Club at Thornwood Hall Weald Hall Lane CM16 6NB 1st & 3rd
Tuesdays of each month

May 2nd Jacky Free’s Chicagoans

May 16 Kid Tidimans All Star’s

June 6th Tony Pitts All Star’s

June 20th The Westside  Syncopators

July4th The Chosen Men (Paul Higgs on Piano)

July 18th The  Theydon Select six

Aug 1st THE DART VALLEY STOMPERS(50 pence surcharge tonight)

Aug 15th Carol & the Jazz Crew

Sept 5th THE GARY WOOD SWING QUINTET

Sept 19th Kid Tidimans All star’s

Oct 3rd T B A

Oct 17thT J Johnsons Jazz & Blues Band

Nov 7th The Chosen Men

Nov 21st The Melvin Beddows Big Band

Dec 5th T B A

Dec 19th The Theydon Select Six

On Sunday June 18tht We at  Elgoods Brewery Wisbech North Brink PE13
1LW,will be hosting our 4th Annual Jazz Day in our Beautiful Brewery
Garden, Entry is from 11am Jazz starts @ 1pm Entry £10

Jazz is from a Star Studded Band with Peter Rudeforth Trumpet

Julian Marc Stringle Clt/Saxes/Andy Flaxman Trombone Tim Huskisson Piano,
Roger Curphy Bass  Alan Clark Drums

Food and Drink for sale or bring your own picnic (we suggest chairs or
Blanket) you can look forward to a great day /Great Jazz/Great Treat for
Dad on *Fathersday*/Children are free/ Great fun for them rolling down the
hill or getting lost in the maze

To reserve tickets or further info., davedyer24 at gmail.com   07903 8789209
or  Sheila/Dave on  01945 588325

*The New Townhouse Jazz Club*

*Cheshunt & Waltham Cross Conservative Club*

*33 – 35 Eleanor Cross Road, EN8 7LA*

* £10 **(usually)*

*Bands 1st set 8.15pm*

*Tel: 01992 712192 or 07956 980572*

E-mail: shartelswans at aol.com or td_hooper at aol.co.uk

*MAY*

3rd *The Resident Hot Shots*

*10th* Golden Eagle Jazz Band

17th *Barry Palsers Chosen Six*

*24th* Brian Giles Mahogany Stompers

31st *Les Handscombe Tailgate six*

*JUNE*

*7th* Our Regular Hot Shots

14th *Brian whites King Jazz*

*21st* Bob Dwyer’s Bits & Pieces

28th *Martyn Bros Band*

*JULY*

*5th* The Hot Shots “of Course”

12th *Tony Pitt All Stars*

*19th* Mike Barry’s Uptown Gang

26th *Golden Eagle Jazz Band*

*AUGUST*

2nd Our very own Hot Shots

9th *Barry Palsers Super Six*

*16th* Baby Jools & the Jazzaholics

23rd *Sussex Jazz Kings*

*30th* New Orleans Jazz Bandits

*SEPTEMBER*

6th *Our Resident Hot Shots*

*13th* George Tidimans all-star Jazz Men

בלי
וירוסים. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>