[Dixielandjazz] visitors

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sat May 6 05:41:13 EDT 2017

Yes. Once again, this list, DJML has shown itself to be an "Ambassador of
Jazz" on the world scene, having brought myself & my wife into direct
friendship (as opposed to only on-line) with our Israeli listmate Marek and
his wife Nitza.  As you all know by his postings, Marek is a great guy (my
wife would say "a lovely chap"!), and we had 3 nice evenings full of food,
wine & jazz only because of this list!  Nitza is not a jazz fan, but kindly
(as most loving partners do) puts up with Marek's interests.

Marek was able to chat with our trumpeter, Evgeniy in Russian, American
English with me, British English with my wife, and even had a go with some
Spanish with various waiters.  They plan to visit Armenia in the near
future, prompted hopefully by our tales of the culture we saw while visiting
that country.  They have already been in contact with a travel agent we know
there.

Marek & Nitza are great travelers, so if they happen to appear in any one of
your various ports, be sure to make contact.  Albeit, they are not
performing artists themselves, they are definitely "artists" in the true
sense of the word, and you will be in for a very enjoyable encounter.

Jim, in Madrid