[Dixielandjazz] Boogie Woogie

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 22 22:55:40 EDT 2017

Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you like boogie woogie?  I certainly do...
> I wonder how many listmates have ever heard of Derryck Sampson...  I had never heard of him before I saw an LP of his in a Tel-Aviv second hand store.  In 1943-44, still a teenager, he recorded a series of boogie woogie solos for Joe Davis' Beacon label.

Dear Marek,
I had never heard of him until your email, but found your LP on the internet (which was reissued on a Harlequin LP).
Good stuff indeed.
For interested Listmates, practically everything on it, plus several video shorts, are (as almost always) on YouTube.
Just type in Derryck Sampson.
I hope this finds you well.
Cheers,
Bill.