[Dixielandjazz] Is This "Trad Dad???"

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 28 11:44:33 EDT 2017

>>>I think the movie's goal was more after camera art, then after music.  Indeed.  But still I'm just happy that we can see them.<<<

Wikipedia:  "The film predominantly comprises musical numbers, including performances by the principal actors Helen Shapiro and Craig Douglas themselves.  However, unlike traditional "musicals", the songs have little to do with the movie but rather serve more to show off the artists' talents and give a taste for the style, as the plot stops whenever a number starts."

Thanks for this conversation, gang.  I've been meaning to get my hands on a DVD for some time now.  Amazon has one for a [reasonable] price (the U.S. "Ring-a-Ding Rhythm", that is).