[Dixielandjazz] Is This Trad ????

Joe Carbery joe.carbery at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 18:33:47 EDT 2017

I really like the way this band opens the concert with a baritone saxophone
rather than the expected clarinet. Ross asks if it's "trad." That's a word
which means different things in different countries. In the US it's applied
to any form of traditional jazz; in the UK it implies a very narrow genre
of banjo-driven novelty jazz; and in Ireland it's used to describe
traditional Irish music.
Joe Carbery.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Ross Anderson <rossanmjband at iprimus.com.au