[Dixielandjazz] Please change subject line "two comments"

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Wed Jun 21 03:19:30 EDT 2017

A very positive line of discussion has belatedly risen from a negative comment posted a few weeks ago with the original subject line showing "two comments".  Since this discussion has wonderfully morphed into a positive one, it is time to change the subject line to something else.

I already said my piece on supporting younger musicians so won't go any further about that.  Please try changing subjects, though, when the subject of posts actually change.

I found Charles' comment very interesting:   "many of the New Orleans street bands make a virtue of blasting away crudely, to the delight of tourists who think that noisy and harsh = quaint and authentic.

I've wondered about that when browsing YouTube, and even when some street bands are shown on the news channels or in movies.  I've been away from the States for many years now, but "in my day" blatting was not the way anyone tried to play...in any style.

Jim