[Dixielandjazz] two comments

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Tue Jun 20 18:31:09 EDT 2017

Lots to agree with in your post, Larry. Your second paragraph below and Fuzzy’s post speak to the fact that there have been, for the generations since rock, few environments that introduce youngsters to non-rock music and pre-modern jazz, let alone encourage and cultivate the art.  If, as your third paragraph and Fuzzy’s entry state (hope I’m not mis-stating you, Fuzzy), there are those who come from the places far from the jazz camps and catch the spark then move on, that’s great. Re the first paragraph, thanks for noticing that many of the New Orleans street bands make a virtue of blasting away crudely, to the delight of tourists who think that noisy and harsh = quaint and authentic.

Charles