[Dixielandjazz] Slipdixies (was Sweet Patootie)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 4 17:49:56 EDT 2017

>  <jim at kashprod.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone please share lyrics and lead sheet to Sweet Patootie?
> www.theslipdixies.com
> Sorry, Mark, the only SP I know of is in "Everybody Loves My Baby", but
> hopefully someone else Will help you out!
> I'm curious as to the name of your group.

Dear Jim,
My immediate assumption, when I first heard the name of this young Australian group from Melbourne, was that “Slipped Disc” came from the title of 1945 Benny Goodman tune. Inspired by BG’s back problem at the time.
So, I too am interested in the answer.
In 1982 an Australian jazz group, that included Bob Barnard and reedman Neville Stribling performed at the Sacramento Dixieland Jazz Jubilee.
Both musicians had had recent stomach operations and the band name, ‘The Semicolons’, was contemplated.
They settled for the mundane, The Australians Jazz Band.
“Sweet Patootie" has been in the OZ jazz lexicon since the 1950s.
I will send details off list.
Kind regards,
Bill.