[Dixielandjazz] RV: Pat ladd R.I.P.

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jan 15 07:32:35 EST 2017

I also communicated directly and on djml with Pat, plus he and his wife visited me once in Madrid and came to hear our band at one of our gigs.  If I’m not mistaken, it was at that gig that I pointed out to he & Wendy & their two friends could easily walk back to their hotel from the club.  “Yes, of course.  It’s very safe”, I said!  A block later the two ladies had their purses ripped off their shoulders!!!

Wow, did I ever feel bad about that, and never again made such a suggestion to a fan.  Actually, what I meant that there is no danger on the streets of Madrid for your life as such, but your purse is another matter that I forgot to mention.

Pat, I believe, put his hand (hands & feet, I should say) in on the drums from time to time.

Jim (foot in mouth) Kash