[Dixielandjazz] response to Bob R. on "lyrics" & more

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Tue Feb 28 11:29:03 EST 2017

I suspect that one reason "normal" people hear the words first these days is
that in today's music, there is not much except the words.  The rhythm is
metronome-like, no swing, drumming with little variation or subtlety.
Chords are few and repeated.  Even the lyrics are few and repetitive.
Worse yet to my ears is how vocalists seem buried in the instrumental mix,
rather than being out front of the other musicians.

Ron L