[Dixielandjazz] Blue Prelude

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Feb 27 09:11:53 EST 2017

Lots of musicians mention how they want to know the words to the song they are playing. It supposedly helps them interpret the song better.

I never pay attention to the words of a song. I can hear a song 100 times and never know the lyrics as I am always listening to the instruments and to the voice as an instrument.

Jim Kash mentions that the Peggy Lee Shearing version of Blue Prelude uses an unusual rhythm. I discovered that recording in the 50s and have loved it ever since, including the whole, at that time LP but now CD. So, for many years that is the only version of Blue Prelude that I heard.

On a different  subject, I wonder if the Turk Murphy fans are aware of the Rock recordings that Turk made?

-Bob Ringwald

Bob Ringwald piano, Solo, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet
Fulton Street Jazz Band (Dixieland/Swing)
916/ 806-9551
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it.
And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
- Ronald Reagan