[Dixielandjazz] Trying new songs........

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Feb 5 11:44:02 EST 2017

Jim,

Nice job on Pink Panther.

Keep up the good work.

-Bob

From: jim at kashprod.com
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 6:56 AM
To: Bob Ringwald
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Trying new songs........

We’re lucky in our band that we have a large scope of musical interests amongst us, and that we try out different songs from time to time that don’t particularly fit into the “Dixieland” mold.  Sometimes they work, sometimes, not.  Here’s one that has become a favorite for our fans at our concerts….The Pink Panther:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdP59IFMx0s  The trumpeter is our new sub (from Croatia) who was filling in for our regular trumpeter that nite.

We mix that type of songs with standards from the Dixie stable, and it adds a nice blend for our audiences that are not too particularly into jazz as such.  An easily recognized tune like the Pink Panther “draws in” the unwashed & makes them converts!  They usually all go “ooohh” just after hearing the ding of the cymbal & the da-da-dada, something that doesn’t necessarily happen with Weary Blues, or That’s a Plenty!   :>

The video was taken at a private home that opens its doors once a week to a concert + a jam session afterward.

They have an all-inclusive buffet & drinks package at the door for the event.  Good crowd, as can be seen in the video.

Jim