[Dixielandjazz] Here's a quick update from STJS

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Aug 4 17:42:07 EDT 2017

From: STJS Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 2:07 PM
To: rsr at ringwald.com
Subject: Here's a quick update from STJS

     Members and Fellow Jazz Supporters.

                        We have started our annual fund raising campaign to raise much needed funds to pay our rent, utilities, and insurance for the upcoming year. As you know, the society stores all of our fencing, stages, stairs, electrical equipment, musical instruments, etc. at a warehouse in West Sacramento. Our goal is to reach $60K by October.

                        We have a couple of fund raisers planned in August and September. August 26th is the nineteenth annual Race for the Arts. Held in Sacramento's William Land Park, Race for the Arts is a 5K Run/Walk that raises funds and awareness for California nonprofits. I have asked the entire board of directors to participate in this event. The entry fee is $30 and if you sign up with us as a group, there is a 10% discount. Contact Dave Becker for information by email at Dave at sacjazz.com or telephone 916-444-2004. Or you can go to the Race for the Arts website and sign up under our team name: Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society (STJS) Team.

                        In September, date to be announced, we are planning an evening of dinner, jazz, and friendly conversation at our first donor's dinner this year. The $100 a plate dinner will not only help in our fund raising campaign, but will prove to be an evening to remember. Seating will be limited, so sign up early. I will be sending out the details in the coming weeks.

                        Stay tuned for more fun events later this year.

                        If you can't make these events, please help keep the lights on, by sending a donation of $25 or more to the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society.

                        Keep the music playing.

                        Dennis Speciale,
                        President
                        Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society

                        Jazz Sunday
                        August 6 (FIRST Sunday!)

                        Week Two STJS Jazz Campers Concert and
                        The Professors

                        Elks #6 Lodge, 6446 Riverside Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95831 from 12 noon to 5:00 PM

                        Don't forget about the Breakfast between 8:30 am to 11:00 am for $9.00

           Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society, 2521 Port Street, West Sacramento, CA 95691
                              SafeUnsubscribe™ rsr at ringwald.com
                              Forward this email | Update Profile | About our service provider
                              Sent by editor at sacjazz.org in collaboration with

                                Try it free today

---