[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge followed Louis Armstrong?

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:53:31 EDT 2017

Marek, I’ve now listened to some of what you mentioned and am, like you, in a bit of a puzzle. It could have been improv or it could have been planned. But, what I’ve sort-of settle my mind on is that whether a person plays an improv with pre-written music where he/she creates the improv and writes it down or whether they create it in their heads, it’s still their creation. So, in my mind, I give similar creative credit.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL