[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge followed Louis Armstrong?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:23:25 EDT 2017

Difficult to know whether a musician really improvises or plays things
carefully planned in advance.  James often sounded as if he were
improvising.  Listen, for example, to his recordings with the Boogie Woogie
trio.  I cannot be sure, but I believe that his solos on the various BG
records sound different from performance to performance.
Cheers