[Dixielandjazz] Jack Purvis

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 12:47:57 EDT 2017

What an account!
Whatever his exploits, Jack Purvis was a wonderful trumpeter, and his sound
certainly could have fooled me - when he tried to sound like Armstrong, he
got closer than any other trumpeter I've heard.  When I first heard him as
a blindfold test, I was sure it WAS /Armstrong, something that's never
happened with other Armstrong copyists.
Cheers