[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge followed Louis Armstrong?

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Tue Apr 11 22:08:07 EDT 2017

Good analogy, Fuzzy. And legitimate, in so far as we know what “DJML” stands for as title of the list. And though  “OKOM” doesn’t stand for “Omnivore Kind of Music,” I think it’s healthy to have some tangential discussions. I probably started the Miles strand when it was said (and latter retracted, happily) that those who dig Miles aren’t jazz fans. The ensuing result might disappoint many but it revealed that some of us find such an exchange valuable. I wish that more of the OKOM posts went beyond informational, thematically correct but insider matters-- lead sheets, discographical questions, where-my-band-will-be next week, etc. What disappoints me is the relative lack of substantive activity about OKOM. My memory, admittedly undependable at this point, is that earlier there were more idea-ful discussions.

Charlie