[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge followed Louis Armstrong?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:25:13 EDT 2017

Definitely a trad lover, but, first and foremost, a loyal subject of His
(late) Majesty, the King of Swing.
Also (don't tell anybody - I'll flatly deny it!) quite a lot of bebop.  And
despite all the enthusiastic words about Miles, to me he still mars many
Bird records (that's where I discovered - in the late fifties, when I used
to borrow records from the USIS library - that his playing was boring).
Sonny Stitt and Von Freeman are still among my favourite saxophonists.
Cheers